Saturday, January 18, 2014

Don't you hate it when...

Pretty long post - not much sewing/crafting. Feel free to skip! :)

Wow, what a week. 

My paternal grandfather died last week, so I of course went to the funeral. The viewing was Sunday, and service (with full Honor Guard) was Monday. I wish I could has stayed and spent more time with my family - but the first week of the college semester as well as high school finals so I needed to come back and prepare. 

About 30 minutes into my two hour drive home, I could feel a migraine coming on. I made it home safe - and went straight to bed to try to sleep it off. 

Well - long story short - that migraine lasted until Friday morning. First night class, high school reviews and finals - all of it with a killer migraine. Luckily I have great kids and they were happy to work quietly while we all suffered through it. 

Friday evening (finally headache free!) I tried to get caught up on the house work. Got the bedrooms and living rooms cleaned, vacuumed, and even shampooed the carpets - only to clog the bathtub with the dirty water bin! Yuck! Whatever - the boyfriend will clear the clog when he comes home from work - I'll clean everything else in the bathroom until then. Whoops! Out of toilet bowl cleaner! So just the sink is cleaned. On to the kitchen! Broken dish soap wand. Boo. So the counters/cabinets/stove top were cleaned. Every thin else would wait until shopping Saturday. 

We go out for usual grocery/supply shopping and get everything we need - on the drive home, BAM! Another migraine pops up. Off to quick care for some stronger meds. 

Today we finished all the house work, got my bills sorted (and paid!) and gathered up our tax information. 

That means - IT'S FINALLY TIME TO SEW!!!

Hopefully I'll be back tonight with a finished project. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment