I didn't fall off the face of the Earth for the past year. Yearbook is still a MAJOR part of my world.
I got a puppy.
The bf and I bought a house.
This house purchase has led to many realizations.
Mostly - I have too much *stuff* - way too much.
I'm joining up with making rebecca lynn's fabric fast of 2014.
Here's my version of her rules:
- To use the Stash I already have!
- Finish UFOs.
- Stop the mindless shopping.
- Save the $$ I spend on stashing. (To spend that $$ on making our house awesome)
- Destash the fabrics that I realize I am never going to use.
FABRIC FAST RULES:
1) No fabric purchases for 6 months beginning January 1, 2014.
2) At 6 months reevaluate status and decide whether to keep going for full year. Evaluation July 1, 2014.
3) Create a UFO list and complete them!
- Backing/Binding: ONLY if no possible combination of fabrics will work. In this case, the project will sit for at least one week with possible combinations visible. (To give the possibilities time to grow on me)
- Notions acceptable only if completely out. Try to use odd colored thread for piecing, work with zippers/snaps I have... These need thinned out as well..
- Commissioned Projects: Purchase only after down payment is made, and using sales/coupons/discounts to make the down payment cover all costs.
I've started a pinterest board to keep track of my progress: http://www.pinterest.com/jessicanbramer/fabric-fast-14/
I'm also going to try to update here a little more often. ;)
Look for a UFO list by Monday. :)