Monday, October 25, 2010

Hey Everyone!

I'm still alive and kickin'!  I can't believe it's been over a month since my last post - but then again, if you knew me irl you would believe it.  School really took over for a while, I would teach all day and come home and do 5+ hours of school work a night, and spend 8+ hours a day on Saturday and Sunday just to try to stay afloat.

I'm learning to say no to others at work so that I can focus on my own responsiblities. You would think it wouldn't take me 7 years to learn that lesson, but I'm pretty sure I have a few more years before I'll be proficient at that task.

So what's going on in the quilty world?  Not a whole lot really.  I made my nephew Harry Potter robes for his birthday present (it was what he specifically asked for from me!) but in my rush to finish them in time for the party I didn't get a single picture. Hopefully my sister will take a few when he goes trick-or-treating later this week.

That being done, I made a goal of getting enough work stuff done Monday-Thursday that I could take the weekend that my boyfriend was out of town and lock myself in my sewing room.  I did it!

I had a blast, and I'm already considering doing this again Saturday (Sunday is already planned). Here are pictures of my progress:

Onsies for a Friend at Work

Placemats for a Friend's Birthday (today!)

Part of a Christmas Gift for a Friend


Thanksgiving gift for my Mom


Thanksgiving gift for BF's Mom


Birthday Gift for a Friend @ Work who Shares my Birthday


I also started some Christmas gifts for my cousins - but since they're not done I don't have pictures of them yet.  I also cut out about half the blocks for another quilt.  I'm super happy with my progress.

Hope to talk to you all sooner than a month!!

2 comments:

  1. Glad you're back. Love to see your projects. Teaching is a hard job and one you cannot leave at work. You needed this special day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol (eeyore voice): thanks for noticin me...


    =) I really needed this past weekend. =) Looks like if I'm careful, I could sew this coming sunday too! =)

    ReplyDelete