Monday, March 31, 2014

Fabriholics Anonymous March Check In

(Well, March flew by with one snow day and one two-hour delay and lots of annoying snow dustings.  Can't it be summer already?

As usual, school gets going with all of it's organized chaos and drama, and the sewing and blog world fall behind.

Ah, well, it's time to fess up. I'm linking up to Rebecca Lynn: Fabriholics Anonymous March Check-In

According to my pinterest board, I've finished 0 (ZERO!) projects in March.  That can't be right.
Off the top of my head, I know I made scarves, TSA polos, fixed a belt, made a purse/key set...  Wonder where those pictures are and why I haven't posted them.  Look for those on pinterest soon I guess.

February Purchases Usage Update:
I made the pillows for the guest room that I bought. Yay! (but no picture? hmmm)
Haven't made any of the dresses, didn't start on the word quilt quilt-a-long, haven't started on guest room curtains,
I made Morgan's fundraising gift!
That means I got two of the eight things on my list done. Great.

On to March!
- I got an order for three t-shirt quilts, and purchases all the supplies for those three quilts out of the deposit for that order.  WIN! (Not breaking fabric fast rules there!)
- Bought 4 yards of holiday-themed fabric for doggie bandanas - and they're already finished! WIN!)
- Bought some notions (stuffing, dog sqeakers, pillow form) - not breaking the rules since I didn't have any of those to start with, couldn't make do with nothing.

Overall, I was much better in March. Purposeful purchases, no mindless shopping.

This weekend is the Parole-a-Pooch Meet the Parolees Day.
I'll have doggie bandanas for sure, I'm halfway done with several dog toys, and would like to make doo-ty bag holders to sell as well.

Pica will get a bath before the big day. A cute puppy raises more money!  So far we've raised $191 of our $300 goal for the animal shelter. Every puppy deserves to be as spoiled as my pup!



Visit the Marshall County Animal Shelter webpage here to see more information. Or click on through to help bail Pica Oreo Creme Deluxe aka Viscious --every dollar helps.

Hopefully school will settle down and I can get some sewing done!

4 comments:

  1. Girl, you sound *busy*! And as a full-time teacher myself, I don't know where you fit it all in. I'm not buying fabric, but not sewing much either, so I have no room to critique your purchases. It really sounds like you will use up what you have bought--go on with your bad self.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every year I go through this -- you can see it on my blog. Summer is usually good times, rush of handmade Christmas, then nothing until summer. I'm not sure where the time goes...

      Delete
  2. I love how you are helping with the animal shelter. That is such a great cause.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been fun! I'm excited for Sunday to see how the "Meet the Parolees" goes -- I have a TON of stuff ready for my table.

      Delete